Sunday, January 16, 2011

Projects





Here are some hats that I've been working on. The orange and red hat on the top is a simple beret from The Knit Cafe, I've made it before in a soft ivory merino. This one is from a recycled GAP wool sweater, with a wider ribbed band. I'm making mittens out of the same yarn, I've got one done and the second one to the thumb gusset.




The berry colored one is shown midway, pre-blocked and then finished. It is Wendy's Meret in Berrocco's Ultra Alpaca (worsted wt.) the photo during blocking shows the lace pattern. I want to make her matching fingerless mitts and went to our LYS to buy some more, I was lucky enough to get more of the same dye lot last week.


The lighter pink hat is a plain stockinette stitch with a roll brim, made from some recycled heavy worsted weight wool/mohair/acrylic blend (a Soft Surroundings sweater) I keep it in the car as my emergency knitting (16" clover bamboo circulars). I got the little mud cloth bag at a thrift store and use it for a project bag, no velcro.


The red fingerless mitts are my basic "in my head" pattern with a thumb gusset using ktfbl increases. They are made from a strand of an aran wt. J. Crew 100% wool upcycled sweater yarn and a strand of 100% cashmere upcycled sweater yarn held together. I used a set of US 7 dpn's and the fabric is dense and warm.


The final hat is another simple, stockinette/roll brim version made of yummy Lorna's Laces, dk in Swirl (color is aptly named "Hawaii"). I bought the yarn at my favorite online yarn source, www.littleknits.com. It is my "I've got nothing else to knit now" project for the kitchen. I don't think I'm the only one with knitting projects in every room of the house, and if I am, I don't want to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment